COVID update for Dec. 29-Jan. 4: No new B.C. data until Jan. 5 | First death of child from virus reported by Ottawa Public Health | Omicron subvariant XBB.1.5 on rise in U.S.
Here’s your update with everything you need to know about the COVID situation in B.C. and around the world for the week of Dec. 29-Jan. 4. This page will be updated with the latest COVID news and related research developments daily throughout the week, so be sure to check back often.
You can also get the latest COVID-19 news delivered to your inbox weeknights at 7 p.m. by subscribing to our newsletter here.
Here are the latest weekly B.C. figures given on Dec. 22:
• Hospitalized cases: 349 (down 25)
• Intensive care: 35 (up four)
• New cases: 609 over seven days ending Dec. 17 (down 50)
• Total number of confirmed cases: 391,897
• Total deaths over seven days ending Dec. 17: 22 (total 4,806)
Read the full report here | Next update: Jan. 5.
Leave a Reply