Chroming: Social media trend of inhaling toxic chemicals to get high takes the life of 13-year-old
A lethal social media trend called “chroming” is on the rise among young teenagers seeking to get a high.
Last month, 13-year-old Australian Esra Haynes lost her life to the trend after inhaling chemicals from a deodorant can, 7NEWS reported.
Most of the people who use solvents and aerosols are between 10 and 16 years old, according to the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH).
Following the incident, Haynes’ father has been warning other parents about the dangers of chroming, as many people are unaware of what it is.
Leave a Reply